CNC Precision Machining
Ray Machine began as a small tool and die company in the early ’50s. It was a natural extension of our business to begin to provide machined components to our Customers. From the acquisition of our first CNC mill in 1981 to the 14 machining centers on the floor today, we provide CNC Machining services to our Customers both as stand alone machined details and as parts of value added assemblies.
Our 3-axis and 4-axis machines are capable of holding tolerances of .002″ on parts up to 22.00″ x 58.00″ x 27.00″. We regularly work with ferrous and non-ferrous alloys such as steel, stainless, aluminum, copper and brass. We also machine Inconel, titanium, plastics and epoxy glass. Our two most recent machines are equipped with Renishaw tool probes and software. These machine tool probes provide the capabilities of tool setting, broken tool detection, in-cycle gauging and first off inspection of parts. It also has been invaluable for locating and compensating castings.
In addition to our vertical and horizontal CNC machines we also have two lathes with capacities of up to 10.000″ diameter and 1.750″ diameter thru the spindle. Each is fed by an automatic bar feeder for lights out operation and are capable of holding tolerances down to .0005″. Equipped with live tooling and tool setting probes, these machines complement our full service capabilities of precision sheet metal, metal finishing, AWS welding services, and assembly and test capabilities.
CNC Machining Centers
- (3) HAAS Model VF-3, 25 Tools, 40”’x20”x25” travel, 15,000 RPM Spindle with Renishaw probe
- HAAS Model VF-4 5 Axis, 40 Tools, 50”’x20”x20” travel, 15,000 RPM Spindle with Renishaw probe
- (2) HAAS Model VF-4 5 Axis, 25 Tools, 50”’x20”x20” travel, 15,000 RPM Spindle with Renishaw probe
- HAAS Model VF-5 5-Axis, 25 Tools, 50”x26”x27” travel, 15,000 RPM Spindle with Renishaw probe
- HAAS Model VF-5/50, 25 Tools, 50”x26”x27” travel, 10,000 RPM Spindle with Renishaw probe
- Fanuc RoboDrill T21iC, 20,000 RPM Spindle and Pallet Changer
- Hardinge Bridgeport Model VMC 1500XP3, 32 tools, 60”X26”X24” travel 15,000 RPM spindle speed
- Matsuura Model MC-760VDC Twin Spindle, 25 tools per spindle, 30″x16″x19″ travel
- Matsuura Model MC-800V-DC Twin spindle, 30 tools per spindle, 31.5″x18″x20″ travel, pallet changer
- HAAS Model EC-400 Horizontal, Dual Pallet, 100 Tools, 20” x 20” x 20” travel, 12,000 RPM Spindle
CNC Turning Centers
- Haas ST-10 CNC Turning Center with automatic bar feeder
- Haas SL-20 CNC Turning Center with live tooling and automatic bar feeder.
- Okuma CNC Lathe with automatic bar feeder and tail stock. 12 tool capacity, 1/8″ to 11″ diameter
Machine Shop/Tool Room
- Amada HFA250W fully automatic band saw
- Eisen S-3A II Vertical Knee Mill — features a high precision spindle with run-out under 0.00015″, a MEEHANITE casting, hand scraped saddle, Turcite-B slide ways, along with power feed and digital readouts on all axis.
- Haas TM-1P Toolroom Mill, 30” x 12” x 16” work envelope with 10 station tool changer
- (10) BR 2J Bridgeport Vertical Milling Machines
- Surface Grinders
- Drill Presses
- Band Saw